With a two year old girl and now a 6 month old the headbands were getting out of control. And trying to do something with them to keep them organized and cleaned off the counter and floor was a pain! So I went in search of something to put them in without having to go through all of them in a basket to get the one on the bottom or have them fall everywhere. I couldn't find anything. So I resorted to DIY. I tried to recycle an oatmeal container (Pinterest idea). I painted it and made it look pretty of course all before I realized the headbands slid right off. Ug!
I then came up with this:
I love it! It matches their bathroom and was super easy to make. Old picture frame with fabric. I then glued the ribbon in loops to hold the bands. Wahla! No more headbands exploding everywhere.
THEN I realized my own bands were also out of control. Why this didn't bother me before I have no idea. But it did now. So I made this one for my own bathroom.
I don't like it as much but it's the same concept just with out the pretty frame. I hot glued a thinner ribbon onto a thicker one making loops.
Well, as I was trying to organize my daughter's dress up clothes I had to have something to put her Minnie Mouse ears and other bands (cat ears, bear ears). She has a bunch of beaded necklaces so I decided to reuse one to make this:
All I did was twist it to make loops.
My favorite it the framed one of course. But all of them work for their purpose and are far better than having them thrown in a basket where they inevitably get tangled and end up strewn all over the floor or counter tops.
Have you come up with anything to organize yours or you girls hair paraphernalia?



No comments:
Post a Comment