Saturday, June 11, 2011

2 months old

Photo

"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition which I asked of Him. Therefore I also have lent (her) to the Lord; as long as (s)he lives (s)he shall be lent to the Lord." I Samuel 1:27-29

Eve is changing big time, literally. I can see her gaining weight each day. Every time I turn around she's gained a new roll and her cheeks are much plumper. I love it! I bought the last box of Newborn diapers last week. She will be officially in 1's when the newborns are gone. I am hoping this will help some with the explosive diapers; that they catch the poop more.

I thought she was pretty aware of her surroundings, but she is even much more now. She will actually respond to things. If I smile at her she will smile back. I love to watch her respond to Douglas when he comes home from work. She gives him the biggest, sweetest smiles that will literally melt your heart.

She is actively playing with her toys now. She can find some sort of consolation in them when she is upset. I've caught her talking away to them as well. She will have an entire conversation with her rubber ducky at bath time.

Oh, the wiggles. This has been a challenge while she is eating, dressing and changing diapers. She doesn't seem to want to stay still for anything. In other words, she is nosey. LOL But, it is a good thing because she is learning to move around on her own. When on her play mat, she will move herself 180*. Her head will be where her feet were and vice versa. I have a feeling she will be rolling over soon. She still doesn't like tummy time but it doesn't seem to be holding her back.
Now that she has discovered just how cute she is and that I respond when she looks at me and coos, she thinks it will work when she doesn't want to sleep. She will lay in her bed and cry and when I come check on her she'll look at me with those big blues and coo hoping that will work. At first it was cute and adorable "hey look she recognizes me". Now, not so much. Mommy wants to sleep not play games. LoL.

She is still sleeping only about 2 1/2 hours in the night. Her longest sleep time is after the 7:30 am feeding. She will then sleep at least 4 hours at this time and I usually have to wake her up at this time to feed her. But this only happens a few days out of the week. So we have some work to go, yet.

She went to her 2 month doctor's appointment this week. She is growing just fine. She is now 22 3/4 inches long (which we thought she was long but I guess it's only in the 25%) and 9 lbs 9 0z. YEAH! she is gaining! I was worried there for a while. This was also the appointment where she got all her shots. I hate even the sight of needles so I was not liking the idea of them going into her. But, she did so GREAT! Cried initially and then went right to sleep. Maybe she just slept because it was just so traumatic. LOL Whatever the case, she did and continues to be doing well.

Lullabies that we alternate with, depending on which one works that night, are:
Catch a Falling Star
You are My Sunshine
Numbers 6:24 (to my own tune)
Her bedtime story: we read this one every night in hopes she will catch on that its night time and its time to sleep and that its not day time anymore. She is starting to enjoy looking at the pictures now that she can focus more. Goodnight Moon

Posted via email from and then...

1 comment:

TulipGirl said...

Keep tracking her growth carefully. Some babies don't do well with eat/wake/sleep and are slow to grow, even if they aren't quite at the "failure to thrive" point.

(Ask my how I know... *sigh*)