When Eve was first born and for the first few weeks, she would cry and it just sounded like crying to me. People would say I would know her "cries" and recognize what her need was. But I really couldn't tell the difference.
Then week 5 came and Eve cried and for some reason I knew what she wanted. I would find myself saying, "oh, she wants her diaper changed". Or, "well, just close your eyes little one and sleep. The world will be here when you wake up". I realized I was hearing her varied cries and knowing what she wanted by them. Yeup, I'm awesome. I can communicate with my daughter at 5 weeks old. I can now add baby cries to my list of languages I speak. =]
Ha! At the start of week 7, Eve has started to develop new "vocabulary". In other words, her cries are different. They are completely new and I now have no clue what she is saying. Way to put mommy in her place Eve. ;) So, needless to say, I am at step one again. I'm hoping these newly discovered "words" will become just as familiar and I can go back to understanding and responding without the guess work. I guess we know who's boss around here. LOL I'll let her think that at least for a little while. ;)
Then week 5 came and Eve cried and for some reason I knew what she wanted. I would find myself saying, "oh, she wants her diaper changed". Or, "well, just close your eyes little one and sleep. The world will be here when you wake up". I realized I was hearing her varied cries and knowing what she wanted by them. Yeup, I'm awesome. I can communicate with my daughter at 5 weeks old. I can now add baby cries to my list of languages I speak. =]
Ha! At the start of week 7, Eve has started to develop new "vocabulary". In other words, her cries are different. They are completely new and I now have no clue what she is saying. Way to put mommy in her place Eve. ;) So, needless to say, I am at step one again. I'm hoping these newly discovered "words" will become just as familiar and I can go back to understanding and responding without the guess work. I guess we know who's boss around here. LOL I'll let her think that at least for a little while. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment