Sunday, September 11, 2011

5 Months Old 9-11-11

Since becoming a parent I have been asked many times "It's probably a lot harder than you expected, huh?" Well, Im not so sure what I expected but I do know that it is definitely tough and yet so wonderful at the same time. Wouldn't trade it for anything. Especially when lilttle Evie opens up and gives me the largest gummy smile that lights up the whole room! Or when she giggles when I tickle her. Or when she gets a kick out of me singing The Five Little Monkies to her. Tough at times, but oh, so worth it.

Eve is really enjoying her tummy time now. She can get up on her arms pretty high and holds herself up, then gets up on her knees but hasn't figured out how to do it together to crawl. She ends up just scooting or reaching reaaaaly far to grab her toys. This is ok with me, no rushing these things. She continues to be as active as ever and rolls around all over whether its her crib, the playmat or the the floor just enjoying life! 

Her most favorite toy these days are her feet. I find her every morning and naptime playing with them and happily sucking on her toes. I like this because these are toys that can not get lost. Later on when she starts walking and getting gross and sweaty, this will have to be stopped. Ewe. For now, I think its cute. 

She is becoming very tactile. She wants to touch everything (and then put it in her mouth but thats another story). If you come close to her she reaches out to touch your face (as a blind person would to "see you"). She used to do this just with Dingo and Baleigh, but now does it with everyone. 

She continues to be quite the inquisitive one. She insists on being able to see what is going on and will be content to sit and stare as if soaking it all in. It's later on when she will "talk" about it all and ask her questions. She is quite the conversationalist. Every morning she helps mommy get dressed and even has her opinions about what is happening at work ;). 

She is very good at performing raspberries now. I believe she thinks it's part of how to talk because she will make her regular "baby talk" then add in a raspberry here n there. It's so funny. 

Her acid reflux seems to be doing good, with the medicine. She still spits up but it's becoming manageable that or I'm getting used to it.

She loves to hold her bottle. She will reach out for it, grab it and pull it towards her mouth. Already wanting to be miss independent. (sigh). 

Milestone:
Eve has learned to sit up on her own. She is still wobbly. But she can do it! I had been trying to work with her on it for a little while but she just couldn't seem to get it. Then she had a play date with a friend who is a few months older than her and watched and observed her, and wahla! She did it! Apparently she is a visual learner. (reached on 9-10-11)

Estimated Height: 
27 inches. (see picture below)

"I love you for always, forever my baby you'll be" 


Photo

Posted via email from and then...

No comments: