Among this I've gained boobs that have sunken to lower levels.
My stomach and hips have stripes that of a tiger while my legs represent a spiders home.
All this from growing two of the most incredible miracles.
My heart has grown two sizes larger as my two daughters grew theirs, close to mine.
My skin has stretched to make room so my daughters could grow their own tough exterior.
As my hips grew wider, my daughters grew stronger.
The extra cushion around my middle provides the perfect handles for my daughters to cling to when they will need comfort, love, support.
I am not who I was.
No. I am more perfected because of the two perfect beings God created in me.
I am perfection in their eyes while the bags under my eyes could belong to Mary Poppins herself. But as I comfort my girls at all hours of the day and night they see all they need to in the peacefulness on my daughters' faces.
My shoulders slump from the constant way they are curved from holding and rocking my loves to sleep, to ease pain and bring comfort. To show they are loved.
I am not who I was.
I am tired.
I am forgetful.
I am late.
I am not put together.
I am comfort to a teething baby.
I am kindness to hurt feelings.
I am love to two small hearts.
I am a mother.
And from all my imperfections God has created two beautiful humans.
Not every woman can boast of this change. Some by choice, others through angst. I feel blessed to have these changes in my life. I am honored to be a changed person for whom two tiny humans can call mom.
I can't wait for the changes to come in 2014. Happy New Year!



No comments:
Post a Comment