I can't even believe it's April. It is such a busy month for us. And Easter is this coming Sunday! Then I'll have a 4 year old in just 6 days after that!! (Excuse me while I go ugly cry)
Sigh. Ok. I'm good.
Right now our home is covered in bunnies, eggs, and the true meaning of Easter. This is such a celebration in our home! And such a huge part of our faith. It's also a difficult one to explain to a three (almost 4) year old. I am always looking and thinking of ways to simplify it and not scare the bejeezus out of her.
One such activity includes a Sensory Retelling Tray. (Preschool Time)
Materials:
varied moss for the ground
Empty tiny flower pot
Rock to cover the opening of the flower pot
6 Popsicle sticks, two for each cross
Palm frawn
Peg doll
Purple ribbon
Cloth for peg doll
I go through all the events leading to Christ's death and his resurrection! Then I have her tell me.
This is a tray I leave out for her to access when she wants.
Other fun Easter themed activities include:
Sheep Window
(Toddler time)
Materials:
Contact paper
White Pom poms NOT cotton balls
Sharpie
Masking tape
I used the sharpie to draw (no laughing) a sheep onto the contact paper.
Used the masking tape to stick the paper sticky side out to our sliding glass door.
Then had the toddler stick the pom poms onto his body. The threenager had fun with this too.
Counting Carrot Tops
(preschool time)
I got this idea from here.
It was great cutting practice for the threenager especially since the green strips were so slim.
Word Match Eggs
(Preschool Time)
Materials
Plastic eggs
Sharpie
Bowl (in this case a super cute bunny bowl but totally optional).
Instructions
Decide on which words you want your child to work on.
Write these words twice on each egg. Once on the top part of the egg and again on the bottom part.
Give these parts separated to your child to match them up.
For an extra challenge: write a word on the top of one colored egg and the same word in the bottom of a different colored egg.
Egg Sticks
(Toddler time)
Materials
Eggs on sticks (I found these at the dollar tree)
Two vases
Instructions
Put egg sticks into one vase
Have child transfer to the other back and forth.
Simple, right?
Textured Eggs
(Toddler time)
Found the idea here
But for a twist my threenager and my toddler played together. The threenager hid the eggs around the room and my toddler went to find them and placed them in her basket. I don't have actual pictures of them playing because I was so engrossed in watching them play this game they "made up" that I just could t year my eyes away. (Insert super cheesy mom grin).
Hanging up the Eggs
(Preschool time)
Materials
Either precut foam eggs or cut them yourself
String
Clothespins
Sharpie
3M hooks
Instructions
Chose your words you are working on
Write them in the foam eggs
Using the 3M hooks hang string on your wall.
Then have your child hang the eggs using clothespins.
This is great for fine motor skills and word recognition all at once.
We have ours places by our dining room table so they are there to discuss at meals.









No comments:
Post a Comment