"I will not play at tug o' war.
I'd rather play at hug o' war.
Where everyone hugs
Instead of tugs,
Where everyone giggles
And rolls on the rug,
Where everyone kisses,
And everyone grins,
And everyone cuddles,
And everyone wins. "
~ Shel Silverstein
This vibrant child of mine as made it around the sun 7 times.
She wakes up with a song in her heart and is so willing to share it with us all, even when we are still trying to sleep. I have no idea how we got a morning child! HA. But I do love knowing she is happy and content in her life.
| Flower Fairy for Halloween 2017 |
This darling is kind and pursues bringing joy into others lives. She wants to hug everyone and let them know she cares. Her thoughtfulness of others is humbling.
| Visiting the Fort in St. Augustine, Florida |
She is currently enjoying being in piano lessons. Some of the moments I can remember her enjoying life most is when she is sitting on her piano bench along side her sister just making melodies from her heart.
| Winter Piano Recital |
She has been brave enough this year to take off her final training wheel and ride her bike alone! This was such a practice in patience of self awareness and knowing when she was ready. I am proud of her for knowing she needed more time and gave herself that gift because when she was ready, it just clicked like she's been doing it for ever! She thoroughly enjoys bike rides with her dad around town!
| Super Seven to the rescue! |
Eve still has a passion for learning. She never stops questioning. And although the questions can sometimes get the best of me, I am enjoying the depth of her questions intellectually growing showing a real understanding of the world.
| Book Lover! |
* The way her pupils get big when she talks about something that interests her.
* The way her voice raises in excitement when she is talking about God.
* The way she makes sure to check on Dingo each morning.
* The way she is intentional about making sure her sister is comfortable in bed for nap.
* The helpfulness around the house so we can have more time playing together.
* The way her hair glitters in the sun when swinging outside.
* The way she sings with confidence no matter who may or may not be listening.
* The way she is secure in her clothing choices and comfort while wearing them.
* The way she thinks of others through out the day and wants to make sure they all know they are being thought about.
* The very strong way she loves unconditionally.
| loves her puppers! |
Dearest Eve,
You stretch me, teach me and make me believe in all things beautiful. Your heart for others never falters and I really am in awe of your empathy. You try hard to be helpful around the house to our family. You are willing to share your inner most thoughts with me and you are the most incredible big sister to Esther. We are so blessed to have you in our family and lives. I just adore being your mom and watching you grow. I so look forward to how our relationship and friendship will continue to grow over the years. Thank you for being you! I am so proud of you.
Weight: 45.5 lbs
Height: 50 inches
20 questions (when asked these were Evie's answers)
1. What is your favorite color?
pink and purple
2. What is your favorite toy?
Slack line
3. What is your favorite fruit?
apple
4. What is your favorite vegetable?
Nothing
5. What is your favorite song?
Here I am to worship
6. What is your favorite book?
Encyclopedia
7. What is your favorite thing to play?
Restaurant in the mud kitchen
8. What is your favorite animal?
Flamingo and peacock
9. Who is your best friend?
Julia Burroughs, Esther Drummond
10. What is your favorite drink?
Lemonade
11. What is your favorite bible verse?
Ephesians 2:10
12. What is your favorite bible story?
Queen Esther
13. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?
Cereal
14. What is the one toy you want to take to bed?
Purple, my blanket
15. What do you want for your birthday dinner?
French toast
16. What is your favorite thing to watch?
Sofia
17. What makes you happy?
Esty
18. What makes you sad?
Mama leaving
19. What do you like to do with your family?
Go on adventures
Go on adventures
20. What is your favorite treat?
ice cream
21. What do you want to be when you grow up?
I want to be a scientist.
| Photo taken by Brianne Linder Photography |
1 comment:
Hello Evie,
You are an amazing little girl and I am so blessed to have you call me grandma. When I come to your home you greet me with such enthusiasm and love. You always make me smile and you fill my heart with joy and love. I so enjoy watching you grow and I especially love that you share your mud kitchen with me. I am so pleased that you asked if I would build one for you at my house so we can play restaurant when you come to visit. I am seriously considering putting in a little garden just for you like you requested. You totally amaze me and I am looking forward to see what you will do and learn next. I love that you share what you learn and like to include me in the process. You are a shining star... Love, Grandma
Post a Comment