Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Esther turns FOUR: 07/22/17






"I am you're favorite book, You are my new lines.
I am your nightlight, you are my sunshine.
I am your lullaby, you are my peek a boo.
I am your goodnight kiss, you are my I love you."




Four.
You have made it. It seems all you can talk about it wanting to grow up despite my pleadings. And here you are, four years old. Which doesn't seem grown up at all. In fact it is really not that many years compared to what you have ahead of you. But F.O.U.R!!! Here are when you big adventures begin. The age of no hint of  baby or toddler hood in you at all. You are making some definite changes in your growth both physically and mentally. You LOVE numbers and puzzles and are really great at them. It is so much fun watching you do one puzzle over and over and over.





Funny.
Well, my chickadee, you are the one to bring a smile to my face with just the way you move about your day. Somehow you can turn an ordinary event into something joyous! During the day Eve and I will just laugh and laugh at your silly antics. Even on your hard days there you can find still the happiness in it.





Fabulous.
You have your own sense of style and are never without some kind of accessory whether its a headband, necklace or rings. And you change them ALL DAY LONG.  And can we talk about your shoe habit? Goodness girl, can you make the world about shoes! And not just your shoes, anyones shoes. Watch out friends because when you come over you go straight to their shoes! It's very endearing.




Fearless.
You are so eager to try new things whether its an activity or food or adventure.








Fancy.
Ooh, La, La! You are miss fancy pants! You adore dressing up and having proper tea parties! You make such a gracious hostess.





Foodie.
I thought this went away for a bit but it returned. You still love to eat, and almost anything. There are few things that you have declared unfit for consumption. Things like: beef, grapes, peanut butter sandwiches and tomatoes. But things like purple cabbage, pickles, lemons, seeds, beans, salads! and fruits are all perfectly acceptable and highly requested foods. And then there is the dairy that has had to go away because your little body just can't process it well. :( You have taken that like a champ and are quick to remind people you can't eat an item because it has dairy. Way to take care of yourself.



Free
This word. So simple yet packed with the exact meaning that most describes you. You so desire freedom in your day. You find it hard to be under a plan of action or having others decide on how you spend your day. You find much joy in staying home so you can move about the rooms playing how you wish. Even when we go places you still want to be free of friends, and often I find you playing independently as your preference. You love to explore and our hiking days are some of your favorite activities.








And yet after all this is written,  I can't seem to think of any word that appropriately describes my sweet Esther or as you correct me, "call me your lovey love".






This year has gone by slower than I am used to. I feel like some days went fast and others seemed like we'd never make it to bedtime. But over all the year has gone by much slower. And in this year between your 3rd year and your 4th I have seen you change and develop in exaclty that pace as well. Not slow, just in your time. That's you. You take your time. You never rush through things whether it is something you are coloring or getting dressed. You take your time. And because of this you have made me see the world a little differently as a mom. You have taught me so much being just you. Thank you for helping me slow life down, pause and take it in at a pace that is destined for you. 

So, My Lovey Love. Happy 4th Birthday! 



May you continue to go at your own speed in life and may you be "FOUR"ever young!



"But Mama, what if I fall? " ........."But Oh Darling, what if you FLY?" 





Lord Jesus, continue to grow the joy in her heart that you have planted so others may see You there. Thank you for what Esther has brought to our family and I pray she will be the light in this world.












WEIGHT:
HEIGHT:



"She's got a smile it seems to me
Reminds me of childhood memories
Where everything was as fresh as the blue sky
Now and then when I see her face
She takes me away to that special place
And if I'd stare too long I'd probably break down and cry


Oh, oh, oh

Sweet child of mine. 
Oh, Oh, Oh
Sweet child of mine. 


She's got eyes of the bluest skies. 

As if they thought of rain
I hate to look into those eyes
And see an ounce of pain
Her hair reminds me of a warm safe place
Where as a child I'd hide. 
And pray for thunder and the rain to quietly pass me by. 


Oh, Oh, Oh, Sweet child of mine."







20 questions (when asked these were Esther's answers) 
1. What is your favorite color? 
purple
2. What is your favorite toy? 
reindeer dolly
3. What is your favorite fruit?
apples and oranges
4. What is your favorite vegetable?
carrots
5. What is your favorite song? 
Twinkle Twinkle
6. What is your favorite book? 
Eensy Weensy Spider
7. What is your favorite thing to play? 
playing with mommy with the blocks
8. What is your favorite animal? 
panda
9. Who is your best friend? 
Luna
10. What is your favorite drink? 
water
11. What is your favorite bible verse? 
God made us to do good works Ephesians 2:10
12. What is your favorite bible story? 
Joseph and the colorful coat, the coat is pretty
13. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? 
chocolate bunnies
14. What is the one toy you want to take to bed? 
reindeer dolly and my Sweet Lips (doll made by Tia Erin) 
15. What do you want for your birthday dinner? 
cake, asketti (spaghetti no sauce) 
16. What is your favorite thing to watch? 
Sofia the First 
17. What makes you happy?
You (mommy) 
18. What makes you sad?
When you (Mommy) leave to go to the store without me 
19. What do you like to do with your family?
play ! 
20. What is your favorite treat? 
lollipops 
21. What do you want to be when you grow up? 
a peacock! 












No comments: