Saturday, October 11, 2008

Cruisin Together

This week Douglas and I went on a cruise to Nassau and Coco Cay with our friends the Savages! We arrived Monday around 1:00 in time for the never-ending lunch buffet YUM and the mustard Stand. LET THE FUN BEGIN!

WORD OF THE DAY: Hot – What my fortune cookie said today!

Tuesday we arrived at Coco Cay. The four of us hiked around the entire island, yes for fun. LOL.




It was great but I just wish we would have thought about that before we left the boat and didn’t wear flip flops on really ragged rocks Man, my feet hurt! When we got done exploring the island, the cruise line had a Bar B Q ready just for us. Well, not just us, for everyone but you know what I mean. After we ate we laid in the hammocks and took a nap. Ahh. Nothing better.




Oh, and an iguana tried to befriend Douglas while he was napping. No really! It came up to him then crawled up the tree. I wonder what would have happened if it fell on him? LOL.






Volleyball, playing in the water and exploring pretty much sums up the day at Coco Cay.




This night was formal night for dinner. We got all dressed to the nines. Fancy pants. After dinner was the show of the night where they did all songs and dances from the movies. Eh, it was alright. After the show we played Uno Attack where it was Drummond Dominance. Score was Rachel – zero, Greg – zero, Douglas – 3, Jessica – 3. YEEAH! Time for bed: 1:00am. Long day. Can’t wait til tomorrow where we will visit Nassau. Super excited about the Straw Market and our excursion!

WORD OF THE DAY: Oysterchere – AKA: Worchestshire 

Wednesday we stopped at Nassau, Bahamas. Got up early for breakfast so we could hit the ground running. Both couples had been here before and had totally different experiences so we showed each other around. The Savages showed us the fort and the Queens Stairs.




We walked and walked and walked. But it was very interesting. I then took Rachel to the infamous Straw Market. Purses, Purses, Purses!!! We were in heaven. We each walked out of there with some great finds. And for the big event of the day: Sea Lion Encounter! We all got to hug, kiss and pet a sea lion called Murray. It was AMAZING – and slimy. We also got to see the newest baby sea lion... SO ADORABLE!



WORD OF THE DAY: Gonabe – AKA Going to be

Thursday was the day at sea. But don’t think we played it boring. It was a packed day. After breakfast we started the day at the rock-climbing wall. I have never been rock climbing before and I made it all the way to the top – THREE TIMES!



Douglas made it up too. It was amazingly fun! We then hung out by the pool, which was well, relaxing as it can be for being around tons of people. It took awhile to even find a place to sit. After the pool was a rock-climbing contest. Whoever had the fastest time won. Greg and I entered the contest and I won a BRONZE medal (and a RC visor)






I was super siked about it. For never rock climbing before this morning it felt great to place. After the contest I was soo tired I “had to” go and take a nap in one of those cozy beach chairs. LOL All the while Douglas and Greg went to compete against the crew in dodge ball. Nope, they didn’t win but come on the crew plays everyday! Totally explains it, right? LOL . After a farewell show and dinner the Savages and the Drummonds played Uno Attack again to see if the Savage Supremacy could win over the Drummond Dominance. Sooo didn’t happen though LOL. Although we all were happy when Greg finally won a hand. HA
We are home Friday early. Excruciatingly early…

WORD OF THE DAY: HOT: This time because it was so hot today we had to try and stay inside of find shade to enjoy the “cruisin”. I was definitely glad the side we climbed for the rock wall was in the shade.



2 comments:

Kathy C. said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast. Why didn't you put pics of you guys "dressed to the hilt"? :) Kudos for your rock climbing success - that is a fun sport for sure!

Becky said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!

Rock climbing isn't as easy it looks...I'm impressed!