Monday, July 11, 2011

3 months old

"Days are long, but years are short" 


I can not believe we have been able to hold our sweet Eve in our arms for 3 
months already. It has been so amazing to watch such a miracle grow and change 
daily. We are so privileged to be Eve's parents. My heart overfloweth. 

She is doing SO much better with sleeping. She is just getting the hang of 
sleeping through the night. She will sleep anywhere from 5-8 hours at a time 
without waking up.  She did sleep for 11 hours one night and that was amazing. 
I, of course, didn't sleep that long I was so darn paranoid.... LOL Nap times 
are still a learning time for her. Sometimes she will lay down easy breezy while 
other times she fights it! I think those times she is just being too curious and 
doesn't want to miss anything. LOL Her medicine has really been helping her acid 
reflux. Shs is able to keep more down. Now she is just spitting up like a "baby" 
with some heavier flow days. I believe this has some influence on how she has 
been sleeping lately as well. 

She is the cutest rolly polly girl. She will curl herself into a ball and just 
roll all over her crib. If it wasn't the fact that it keeps her up it would be 
funny. Ok, it is funny despite. I have to continually adjust the monitor so I 
can see her because she moves so much. She loves to sleep on her stomach which 
scares me. You know, because she is only supposed to sleep on her back. But she 
puts herself there and sleeps so much better, so I leave her and watch her like 
a hawk. She rolled over on her stomach and back onto her back for the first time 
(July 1). I couldn't believe how she just flung herself back over. Soooo 
strong. 

Eve is fascinated with fans. She loves to watch fans and not just when they are 
moving. She can coo away at them for minutes. What you thought I was going to 
say hours? Come on, she's a baby. Minutes are as long as her attention gets. 
She loves them so much I actually made up a song for her. 
Keep in mind Im not a song writer:
(sung to the tune of Mr. Sun)
"Mr. Fan, fan. Mr. spinning Fan
Spinning away up there. 
Mr. Fan, fan. Mr. spinning Fan
Spinning away up there. 
Around and around and around you go
Blowing on me right below
Mr. Fan, fan. Mr. spinning Fan
Spinning away up there. 

Fingers have been her pacifier. She won't take one but prefers to suck on her 
fingers/hands. I think when she gets the hang of it she will probably such her 
thumb (like mom did). Oh dear, I see a retainer in her future then. She is 
starting to grasp things now. Most of the time we have to put it in her hand for 
her to hold onto but she has been seen grabbing toys on her own. It's still a 
challenge for her though. She can't conquer it all at once I suppose. 


She is a gabber! She likes to squeal and gibber as she is discovering her voice. We can have quite a conversation. Too bad I have no idea what she is saying. 


God loves Eve. I love Eve. Other people love Eve. Praying she feels this love 
and her heart is overflowing never doubting this ever in her life. 
"The love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was 
given to us". Romans 5:5

Photo

Posted via email from and then...

No comments: