This week we had our first family of three vacation. We had a usually 8 hour road trip turn to a 11 hour trip to Atlanta, Georgia. We had a blast visiting our cousins and their adorable new baby, Bennett. I loved watching the two of them be with one another. Eve did pretty good with the driving at first. It was somewhere about half way there when she got super fussy and what seemed like car sick. I felt so bad for her because I know what that's like- horrible.
Milestone: 7-22-11: Eve has started to grab for her toys. She is holding onto them and playing. There's one that hangs on her car seat that when pulled it vibrates back upward to pull down again. She is actually pulling it over and over again on her own! I'm so proud at how she's growing and so strong!! After a few days in Atlanta we drove down to Pensacola to visit more family. It was very relaxing and enjoyable. Funny thing: Eve knows her schedule. HURRAY! So, Pensacola is an hour difference. My phone set itself back on its on. Forgetting this at 5:30 in the morning, Eve wakes up and I have her go back to sleep. (She sometimes wakes and hour before her time). It wasn't until later that I realized she actually woke up at her real time! YAY, Eve. She knows her schedule. From that day, I have noticed her doing more things "on the dot". This makes mommy Oh So Happy! On a side note: when she was off her schedule, she didn't do too bad either which shows me she can be flexible as well (a good thing and something mommy is still learning;) ) She definitely had her off times which also showed me she likes and prefers being on a schedule which again, makes mommy Oh So Happy! =]
Our travel home was a rough one, but on Douglas and I. Eve was WONDERFUL! We left after her last feeding (7:30pm) and drove the entire way home. Eve never woke once until 5:30am for her first feeding just as if she were at home in bed. GREAT JOB GIRL! We, on the other hand had to continue to stop because we were so tired. So what we thought was going to be easier and less stops took just as long and actually was worse because when we got home we were so exhausted we had to sleep. Lesson learned.
Overall, our first family vacation went great. I am looking forward to many more happy times!
Milestone: 7-22-11: Eve has started to grab for her toys. She is holding onto them and playing. There's one that hangs on her car seat that when pulled it vibrates back upward to pull down again. She is actually pulling it over and over again on her own! I'm so proud at how she's growing and so strong!! After a few days in Atlanta we drove down to Pensacola to visit more family. It was very relaxing and enjoyable. Funny thing: Eve knows her schedule. HURRAY! So, Pensacola is an hour difference. My phone set itself back on its on. Forgetting this at 5:30 in the morning, Eve wakes up and I have her go back to sleep. (She sometimes wakes and hour before her time). It wasn't until later that I realized she actually woke up at her real time! YAY, Eve. She knows her schedule. From that day, I have noticed her doing more things "on the dot". This makes mommy Oh So Happy! On a side note: when she was off her schedule, she didn't do too bad either which shows me she can be flexible as well (a good thing and something mommy is still learning;) ) She definitely had her off times which also showed me she likes and prefers being on a schedule which again, makes mommy Oh So Happy! =]
Our travel home was a rough one, but on Douglas and I. Eve was WONDERFUL! We left after her last feeding (7:30pm) and drove the entire way home. Eve never woke once until 5:30am for her first feeding just as if she were at home in bed. GREAT JOB GIRL! We, on the other hand had to continue to stop because we were so tired. So what we thought was going to be easier and less stops took just as long and actually was worse because when we got home we were so exhausted we had to sleep. Lesson learned.
Overall, our first family vacation went great. I am looking forward to many more happy times!
No comments:
Post a Comment