Friday, December 23, 2011

Eve's Stocking: Made with Love, Hung with Care

It isn't Christmas without stockings. Growing up I had a homemade stocking and loved it! When Douglas and I got married, I got us matching stockings so they, well, matched. (please excuse my OCD) With our new addition to the family she too needed a stocking. Although I did think it would be nice for them to match I also remembered how much I liked having my own that was unique. So, I decided Eve must have a stocking that was all her own. My intention was to sew it. I even got the machine out. But apparently, the machine had other plans so I went with plan B: glue! That's right, I used fabric glue for this entire project. Now, I have no idea how long this stocking will last, if at all, through the years, but it will for this one year minimally and I am proud of myself for making it work. The fabric I used are two receiving blankets of Eve's. Both were used on the she was brought home from the hospital. The buttons are from an old newborn outfit of hers (Waaa... she no longer fits in).

Merry Christmas, Evie girl! May your stocking always be stuffed with love!

Photo_5

Posted via email from and then...

No comments: