Our first family winter vacation.
Destination: Boone, North Carolina
Cabin: Echota, Foscoe Realty

Day One: 01-02-12 (Traveling Day/Night)
Eve's first flight was on Delta from Melbourne, Florida to Atlanta, Georgia with a connecting flight to Charleston. North Carolina. Overall, for a teething baby who's bedtime was scheduled at the time of he flight but struggles to sleep anywhere but in her own bed (yes, our very own Princess and the Pea) she did well. She fussed some but was mostly happy to see what all the excitement was.
The drive to Boone from Charleston was a little uneasy. It was snowing and difficult to see the roads. But we made it safely with no troubles.
Day Two: 01-03-12 (Snow Sledding)
After getting in after 2 in the morning, we got up at Eve's usual time: 7:00 am. YAWWWN!
It was a relaxing day of snow sledding. We found an amazing hill to slide down. I found myself in the brush many times ~ A BLAST!
Dinner: at cabin, Chimichangas.
Day Three: 01-04-12 (Skiing, Snowboarding Day)
We all headed over to the slopes for classes bright-eyed and bushy tailed. Eve stayed home with MiMi all cozy warm - IT WAS COLD!
Doug had a good time with learning snow boarding, I on the other hand, did HORRIBLE. You're lucky I made it through class. I decided it just isn't for me. I think I prefer skiing. After falling for what seemed like a hundred times, I stopped. My ankles, wrists and knees were tired of twisting the wrong ways. Doug kept going, good job babe!
Dinner: at cabin, Chicken Soup

Day Four: 01-05-12 (Tubing Day)
My favorite day so far. I LOVE snow tubing. I got so dizzy I could barely stand up at times. Douglas zipped out of his lane once and almost went over a small cliff landing on a bunch of ice. OUCH! It was scary, but he is fine...bruised mostly. Totally would do this again!
Dinner: Out at
Coyote Kitchen Delicious!!!!! Best burritos and burgers we have ever tasted. GO if you are in town.

Day Five: 01-06-12 (Shopping) We went to Blowing Rock to walk around the downtown shops. We found a tasty cupcake place (Oh La La) and played with Eve on the playground. Later, the girls plus Douglas went to an oil tasting shop called Art of Oil. There was several olive oils and basalmic vinegars to try! We definitely walked out with some yummy ones. Can you say strawberries? ;) Eve discovered her hearty laugh. She couldn't stop laughing at Aunt Jenny! It was hysterical. :)
Dinner: at cabin: leftovers. With A dessert adventure landing us at Ruby Tuesdays.

Day Six: 01-07-11 (Traveling Home) Breakfast burritos at the cabin then finished packing up and headed back to Charlotte, NC to the airport. The 2 hour drive wasn't bad, lots more traffic than on the way but Eve slept most of the way.
Our first flight was planned right at Eve's dinner time. It usually takes her 30 minutes to eat which is so perfect because the flight was only 39 minutes! YEAH!
We had over 2 and a half hours in Atlanta waiting for our next flight which was fine. Eve's is easily entertained by people watching. By the time we were able to take off, it was time for her last feeding of the day. It didn't last as nicely as the last flight but she was able to play around. She was so tired but absolutely refused to sleep, just in case she missed something. ;)


Home again, Home again.
Posted via email from and then...
No comments:
Post a Comment