My favorite time of day, late evening. The house is quiet but for the singing crickets coming from Eve's sound machine. This time of night is her last feeding and as I hold her bottle because the sweet thing is just too groggy to know which end goes where, I pray. This list goes anywhere from "lord give me strength to make it through another day without falling asleep while walking" to "thank you Jesus for so and so finally understanding how to read silent e words". This list is some days long and some days short. I enjoy this time so much knowing its me, my Savior and the little miracle He has given to me. It's our time. Our time to be still. Ok. So I'm still working on the still part. Sometimes I talk too much, even in my own head. This time of stillness is so hard to come by and easily dismissed. Many times I plague it with tasks I can do one handed: emails, texts, ... blogging (eh, hem). All seem necessary in order to keep my sanity, my life organized, my relationships. Then there are nights when I look down at the perfectly serene face and know. Know the "needs" to stay focused on are merely distractions from the big need. My need/want to be that person God wants me to be whole- heartedly. And at this time, it's to be present with Him. To be still with an open heart and unplugged ears. So I put away the achievable one handed tasks and be. As eve sings herself into a slumber, I pray. I pray for many things, not excluding praying the cat doesn't decide to make an appearance making herself known through vocals that will now wake the sleeping child so I won't be able to sleep resulting in a high fog the next day. Yes, I pray this. Trivial, perhaps. But "making my requests known to Him" brings peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment