Saturday, March 8, 2014

4 Lucky St. Patrick's Day activities

Other St. Patrick's Day activities we have been up to include: 

Green Sensory Box: 

Materials
Green lentils
Gold coins
Other items that can scoop, hold or sift
Fill a container with green lentils and the objects. Let them experiment and discover on their own. 
Teaches: fine motor skills, science discovery, imagination



Rainbow Water Colors:
Materials:
Watercolors
Paint brush
Water
Card stock

Draw a rainbow onto some white card stock and use watercolors to teach fine motor skills, art and organization (because there is a correct order to a rainbow)! 


4 leaf floor mat:

Create a 4 leaf clover on the floor using masking tape as shown. 
I placed numbers 1-4 in the leaves because I wanted to have my tot place gold coins and other fun St. Patty's objects in each leaf according to the number. 
Teaches: math, number recognition, sorting


Torn Paper Collage Clover

Materials
Green paper
Glue stick
Card stock 

This one I thought would be the easiest for MissE ma'am to do but it turned out to be the trickiest. Tearing paper is a hard task especially when trying to make the pieces small. 
Draw a 4 leaf clover into white card stock. Have your tot tear pieces of green paper and glue them on. 
Teaches: fine motor, tearing and gluing in small spaces. 


I hope you enjoy these as much as we did. 




You are in luck! There's another project waiting for you at the link below! 
Reusable Rainbow Suncatcher:

http://tinyurl.com/kqh6d82


No comments: