"I don't wanna go slow, I go fast" ~ Hare, from the Tortoise and the Hare
This girl is making nine divine!
![]() |
| Taken by Brianne Linder Photography |
She is still a bibliophile. Most parts of the day she can be found with her nose in a book whether they are new reads or she's read them 10 times already. I absolutely love this about her.
![]() |
| traditional library visit while on vacation |
Eve also really enjoys swimming in the pool. She has become quite the little fish in the water and she's constantly making up new games to play in there with her sister.
She is still an adventurer. Always up for new things... maybe too eager. She went to her first trip to the ER while on vacation this year. She got stitches on her chin because while trying to explore Hemlock falls she split it right open on a rock. Such a strong girl, though.
![]() |
| ER visit after fallen at Hemlock Falls |
She has also gotten an interest in skate boarding. She caught on so fast to this and loves to go fast and try different tricks.
![]() |
| Anti Gravity in Nashville, Tennessee |
I always want to remember your amazing imagination. You pull others right into your story and go on some fantastic adventures. The way you can make a single stick come to life as a horse named Courtney is something special to witness.
Evie girl,
You are growing up at a speedy rate and although this pulls my heart strings I am totally in love with watching you become more and more the person God created you to be. You are quick to kindness and forgiveness. You have a servants heart and always step up when asked to contribute to others and our family. I thoroughly enjoy our book chats before quiet time and watching you run around the yard catching moths to make them your pet. You have an impressive sense of humor with a quick wit that makes me chuckle all the time! I love being your mom and being witness to the first hand amazingness that is you.
![]() |
| Taken by Brianne Linder Photography |
HEIGHT: 54 inches
![]() |
| reindeer for Halloween |
Dear 9 year old Eve from 8 year old Eve:
I don't want you to forget Dingo and how she made you happy. Every time I draw I a dog I always draw them with a bent right ear like her. I don't want to forget that I made so many brand new friends this year in the neighborhood.
Remember that time when I was being angry for like three days in a row, well I want you to know that I feel closer to Mama, Daddy and Esther now even though that was hard. They will always love you even on your yucky days.
Remember that Grandma got really sick and I got to go see her at the hospital. I prayed and prayed for her and she got well!
I want you to remember how many letters the Burroughs' sent you this past year. I felt so loved when I got those.
Oh, and I started this new silly face smiling. I feel proud when I smile like that.
20 questions (when asked these were Evie's answers)
1. What is your favorite color?
purple
2. What is your favorite toy?
the swing
3. What is your favorite fruit?
oranges and apples
4. What is your favorite vegetable?
carrots
5. What is your favorite song?
The Mended Wood by S.D. Smith from the Green Ember
6. What is your favorite book?
Little House on the Prairie series
7. What is your favorite thing to play?
Mom and Kid
8. What is your favorite animal?
Tiger
9. Who is your best friend?
Julia Burroughs
10. What is your favorite drink?
Lemonade
11. What is your favorite bible verse?
John 3:16
12. What is your favorite bible story?
The one about Apostle Paul
13. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?
Pancakes
14. What is the one toy you want to take to bed?
Fluffy Bunny Bear and Purple, my blanket
15. What do you want for your birthday dinner?
Mashed Potatoes and gravy with raw carrots and hummus
16. What is your favorite thing to watch?
Mr. Rogers
17. What makes you happy?
You (mom)
18. What makes you sad?
Thinking of Dingo not being in our family anymore
19. What do you like to do with your family?
Cuddle on the couch
Cuddle on the couch
20. What is your favorite treat?
ice cream
21. What do you want to be when you grow up?













No comments:
Post a Comment