Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Esther Turns Seven: 07-22-20



Where the sun meets the waves there I am pretty sure you will find the makings of this girl. The girl whose smile radiates. The girl whose laugh sounds like the twinkling of stars. The girl whose caring heart pours out love, joy and kindness.



I am loving watching her grow every day. She lets me get a glimpse daily into what she is learning and becoming. But just a glimpse.


Lost her first tooth! 


Esther absolutely loves fashion, still. She designs and creates clothes for her dolls all. the. time. How she puts together her own outfits makes me wish she would just pick out my clothes and dress me!




Along these lines, she is so enthralled with make up. Applying it on herself or others makes her feel so happy!

Putting make up on her cousin, Sofia. 



Esther is super into fort building. I mean she can turn any space into a fort in a blink of an eye!

First airplane ride, to Nashville, TN.


She loves any living creature: fuzzy, slimy, small or large. Tadpoles, slugs and snails have been top interests this year.



This now seven year old is a fish in water. Perhaps she would call herself a mermaid. Yes, she definitely would say that about herself.



She continues to have a free spirit. She wants to be and do things in her own way without fear of how others think. She is so self aware. She knows when she needs time alone and takes it. I love her boldness and inner peace.



Lord Jesus,
What a blessing this child of mine is to our family. Thank you for the gift of laughter she readily gives. The gift of perspective she opens to us all. And the gift of silliness that she freely delivers keeping us light and carefree! Continue to use her mightily in the way that brings you glory, Father!

First, and hopefully the last, broken arm 


My delightful daughter,
Thank you for being you. Joyfully, kindly, lovingly you. I can not tell you how many times I have seen Jesus stream out of you through one of your laughs or a glimmer in your eye, a loving action, or a kind word. And those times you have stepped up to help nurse a friend's wound or when you offer forgiveness so quickly. Every part of you shimmers with His love and grace. You are a blessing, indeed, to our family.


 PS: You are ridiculously tidy when eating a  favorite meal of yours, a sloppy joe! I haven't ever met anyone who could eat one so cleanly! I  will forever be impressed with this skill.


Height: 47. 5 inches 





20 questions (when asked these were Esther's answers) 
1. What is your favorite color? 
purple
2. What is your favorite toy? 
Elsa  
3. What is your favorite fruit?
Mango (orange and yellow) 
4. What is your favorite vegetable?
Cucumber
5. What is your favorite song? 
1. Into the Unknown 2. Every Inch of Me Is Trembling 
6. What is your favorite book? 
My Fancy Nancy Mermaid book
7. What is your favorite thing to play? 
Doggy out of the pool and Mermaid in the pool 
8. What is your favorite animal? 
Giraffe 
9. Who is your best friend? 
Luna Burroughs  
10. What is your favorite drink? 
Orange juice 
11. What is your favorite bible verse? 
Be kind to one another. 
12. What is your favorite bible story? 
Zacchias because I liked when Jesus asked him to come down from the tree 
13. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? 
Cinnamon Rolls 
14. What is the one toy you want to take to bed? 
Elsa  
15. What do you want for your birthday dinner? 
Mini Burgers 
16. What is your favorite thing to watch? 
Of course it is Frozen II
17. What makes you happy?
Mommy and Daddy 
18. What makes you sad?
Not having Dingo with us. 
19. What do you like to do with your family?
Eat Dinner together 
20. What is your favorite treat? 
Cake  
21. What do you want to be when you grow up? 
a mermaid 



"I am your favorite book, you are my new lines
I am your nightlight, you are my sunshine. 
I am your lullaby, you are my peek a boo
I am your good night kiss, you are my I love you." 




No comments: