I love coffee.. in all different ways. Coffee comes in a range of flavors and by that I mean mild, medium, bold and extra bold?
Mild: this is usually a very light roast like a breakfast blend
Medium: is a slightly stronger roast like the House Blend, or a Columbia Blend.
Bold: stronger roast such as an Espresso Roast
Extra Bold: a much much stronger roast usually a French Roast or an Italian Roast.
Although the taste of the Bold/ Extra Bold is much stronger than that of the Mild and Medium the two lighter ones actually have more caffeine in them. Why is that you ask? Well, I'm so glaad you asked, I shall tell you. Because the Bold/Extra Bold coffee's are roasted longer they have less caffeine making the Mild/Medium Roasts higher in caffeine because the beans are roasted much less. Get it? So, if you are looking for a caffeine fix go with the mild or medium blends. Hence, this is why people drink the "breakfast" blend in the morning - for the caffeine and the Bold blends in the evening (mostly for taste and a lot less caffeine) -
Side Note: notice that the espresso roast is in the bold category? Espresso has less caffeine than a regular cup of coffee. Don't get duped into thinking you are getting your fix with a tiny cup. Sooo not the case. Help yourself to a normal size cup and enjoy.
What is your roast of choice?
3 comments:
I'm not a coffee drinker but I did buy my dad some coffee for his stocking from StaunersCoffee.etsy.com. He said it was good. It smelled wonderfu.
I like coffee too. My favorite coffee is hot with milk!!:) I don't know one roast from another. I can't even tell the taste difference between decaf and regular.
I feel so much more educated on my coffee. I have a question on a post above about frothing milk. Is there a way to do that without a cappachino machine? I so spelled that wrong! But it doesn't matter because I know you know what I mean lol.
I want what you made. Can you make me one?
Hugs.
Kim
Post a Comment