Monday, January 12, 2009

Late Night Drinks

What do you do when you're up late? Drink coffee of course. =)

I had gotten a new "I Love Coffee" cookbook for Christmas and decided to try a recipe out of it. "Why do you need a recipe?" you ask. Well, sometimes coffee is more than beans and milk. This particular one I made for hubs because its what I already had in the house - so much cheaper than Starbucks - but, hey, I'm definitely not staying away permanently from there. 

Here is the Creme de Caramel Caffee Latte:


RECIPE: 
2 oz (60ml) hot, fresh espresso or strong coffee
1 oz (30ml) caramel syrup or amaretto cream liqueur, plus extra for garnish
5-7 oz (145-200ml) frothed milk

1. Pour the espresso into a latte or cappuccino mug, add the caramel syrup.
2. Fill the rest of the way with the frothed milk, then spoon some of the remaining milk on top.
3. Drizzle caramel syrup over the foam. 

(See? So easy to make, huh?) 

2 comments:

Becky said...

It looks so perfectly professional! : ) You could open your own shop.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Helloooooo? I asked you a question in the post below this one! LOL! Now answer me!