Saturday, November 19, 2011

Turning 3-0, Friend or Foe?

As I turn 30, I feel each year behind me; each creak, crack, ache, and visible winkle now upon me.  And yet, even as I feel the ancientness creeping up on me I have never felt so young and full of life! My body may not be what it was ten years ago. My memory may be on its way to failing. I may be closer to being OLD then being young but I feel so ALIVE! The changes in my life recently have kept this old lady on my toes. The biggest change, of course, is Eve! She has brought so much JOY into my life - it brings me to tears how much love fills my heart. Watching Douglas becoming more comfortable with being a Dad and how much he adores Eve has only made me more in love with him.
So, as I start losing some of my youth and start gaining winkles I am content. I feel blessed to have my sweet little family to grow "old" with.  

“Days should speak, and multitude of years should teach wisdom.” Job 32:7

Posted via email from and then...

No comments: