Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Day Three of Drummond Vacation



Hiking Day! The entire clan went for a hike today. We went to Anna Ruby Falls Park. It was beautiful! The trek was great on the legs! Very good exercise- some of us had trouble getting up the hill considering some of us are "over the hill" LOL.. But we all made it down safe and sound after Dan's consistent pestering of "Let's take our jumping pictures" - But they do turn out pretty cute!






We returned home where some planned on taking a 10 minute nap (which turned into 2 hours - oops) while the others went tubing... They had a blast!

Later that night the entire clan went for ice cream and miniture golfing! SO MUCH FUN! I had my two favorites - mint chocoloate chip and chocolate chip cookie dough! YUMMY! We split up into two teams to play mini golf (Dan, Doris, Joe, and Roger) (Melissa, Steve, Douglas and I) Of course we had the better team! HA.... I was sooo bad at playing but I did get "almost holes in ones" about 5 times...so not fair.. Ug. Dan won over all.






The evening was filled with games: majority playing Wii Sports - as if they didn't get enough of a work out already today.... Doris and I played Kings in the Corner..FUN!



To relax before bed some decided to take a dip in the convenient hot tub at our place:



BTW: Our cabin in the woods in near a golf course. Yesterday afternoon the family was sitting on the porch when they heard a BANG! They looked over the edge of the railing and you'll "never" guess what they saw! Yeah... a golf ball flew through a ton of trees and hit my car...bang.. right on the roof. I now have a big dent on my beautiful car. I'm very sad!



4 comments:

Joe King said...

"Is that a Titleist?"

This IS our life! said...

It is a STUPID titleist.. stupid stupid golf ball....

Becky said...

That's why I love the Wii - it's so family friendly!

Sorry about your car, that's a huge bummer!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your dent...but remember paintless dent removal!!!!