Friday was just a relaxing day for everyone. Majority of the clan went tubing down the local river. It was so much fun! Uncle Joe and Uncle Roger were the ones that really had to do the hardest work there. If we ever did get stuck on a rock (due to the river being slightly low) they would either get out and steer us all over or around the rocks. There were mini rapids in the river which were fun to get over.
Later, Doris, Dan, Douglas and I walked around the small town of Helen where we were staying. It was cute to see the little shops.


We stopped at a bakery and tried the goodies there. A bavarian filled muffin for me!

We stopped at a bakery and tried the goodies there. A bavarian filled muffin for me!
We had a smorgasbord of food that evening trying to eat everything before we had to leave in the morning.
Then we played the penny game again - "But only for an hour" says Uncle Bill. I think he was worried he would lose all his nickels. LOL. The funny thing is he won! He came out $8 profit! Good job! Douglas and I came out $3.60 profit! Not bad...for nickels.
Saturday we leave . Check out by 10:00 am. We all must return to our own parts of the States. Illinois, Washington, Georgia, and Florida. It was and amazing trip.
So much fun! I hope that next time more of the family can make it out!
No comments:
Post a Comment