Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Day Two of Drummond Vacation


Monday most of the Drummond Clan went White Water Rafting on the Ocoee River. We had a BLAST! Dan and Uncle Joe were the only two that have experienced white water rafting before so the rest of us were virgins to the experience. I have to say.... it was a little easy than I thought. I am not really sure what I was expecting but I know I was nervous and scared prior to getting into the boat.. but while in the boat it was exciting and so much FUN! I am proud to say that non of our party fell out of the boat and arrived safely at the end of the river with huge smiles on our faces! 


We went to Zaxby's for lunch after because of course we worked up a large appetite after such a work out. YUM for Zaxby's


The seven of us arrived home and most took naps because as you can imagine we were exhausted. But after catching our second wind, we decided to do some geo cacheing. We went to find some caches that were close to the small town we were near (Helen). We tried three - the first two were duds. We couldn't find them. I think that people just took them, honestly. Ug.  The third one had us driving from one historical sign to another doing math and reading up on the towns history. Fun for the ones doing it, not so much fun for the ones sitting in car waiting......
Eventually we got to the last stop and we had to all get out and search. YAY!!! I found it first - GO ME GO ME - then Melissa.... then Dan.. eventually everyone after pointing it out to them found it! =) 



We came home had some dinner and wound the evening down with a game of diecapades! (Not so winding down... LOL)
It was a full and FUN filled day with the Drummonds!