Monday, July 14, 2008

CBA 2008 - the beginnig


I arrived in Orlando, Florida on Sunday for the Christian Booksellers Convention. I was very excited to be there and get all signed in and ready for fun on the floor monday. But of course, as soon as we all got there it was hit the ground running. My friend Nancy and I went to a meet and greet reception at the Peabody Hotel where the guest of honor was a well known author Karen Kingsbury. It was a very nice (semi-formal) reception which coming from just driving we were definitly underdressed but had a great time meeting and talking with her. 
Then we met up with everyone for dinner at Maggiano's Little Italy.


SOOOOO yummy!!!! 
Afterwards we headed to the Convention Center for a mini concert including Nicole C. Mullens and Jeremy Camp. 




It was a late night and we had a very early morning (up at 5:00 am) for a breakfast with the authors. Here we sat at Robin Jones Gunn's table. She sat and talked with us then we all got mini encore from Cindy Morgan. 
Then it was off for the ribbon cutting to open the convention floor for the first of the long days ahead!!!! 


We all got tons of goodies which I will try and post pic of a bit later and got to meet authors as they signed our books and cds. 


FUN FUN
We finished the night off by seeing a complimentary movie including popcorn and a drink. Have you seen Kung Fu Panda yet?

If not it is a MUST SEE!!!!! 
Im exhausted already and its only the first day!!! More fun tomorrow bright and early again! 



PS: I held an alligator today too!!! Aren't you proud because for sure it was gross, nasty, disgusting, and scary!!!!! LOL 

2 comments:

Becky said...

I'm glad you got the picture of you holding the alligator - I would not have believed it if I didn't see it! : ) haha.

Anonymous said...

I am SSSOOOO proud of you for hilding that alligator named Fiddlesticks! I have to laugh everytime I think of the guy handing you the gator and you saying, "Wait! No, I don't think I can do this!" But you did! You are a big, tough girl!
Thanks for coming with me!