Thursday, April 14, 2011

Drummond Domain: population 3

WOW! What a "Labor" day! Total time in labor was 14 hours. And after 2 hours of pushing the doctor determined her too big and a C-section was required in order for her to arrive safely. I was a bit anxious considering its considered major surgery. All I wanted was for our little one to be safe and healthy. With all the prayers everything went well and we now have our precious Eve Leighton! She is the most beautiful baby I have ever seen (I know I'm bias but come on, look at that face). She looks exactly like her Daddy. Their profiles are so the same I call her baby dougie sometimes.  

The first 24 hours were long. I spent a lot of time in a fog due to the intense medications, not sleeping for over 24hours and not being able to eat in over 36 hours. Not fun let me tell you. But in the end I get to look at the most amazing miracle to ever happen to us. 

Things are progressing well. Eve is working on getting rid of some bilirubin. She's pooping like a champ. Five poopy diapers yesterday!!! I know, crazy. But like I said, she takes after her daddy. ;) She has officially met all the local Grandpa, Grandmas, Uncles and Aunts and even her little cousin. Another precious moment: cousin Ricki giving Eve a kiss. So sweet, he even offered her his Oso. It's a big deal! =]

Daddy is playing holding hog. He pretty much gets to hold her all the time unless I'm feeding her. I guess he really meant what he said a while back when he said "since you got 10 months to hold her, it's gonna be my turn". It's so precious. 

I will try and keep everyone updated but a mom's gotta rest too ;) Ha, I just called myself mom--- yeah that's pretty awesome. =] 
Thanks for all the love and support as usual, everyone is amazing. I will post pics as soon as I can, no worries. They have been taken ~~ including videos! =]


Posted via email from and then...

No comments: