Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Dumb Just gets Dumber

 WARNING: About to step on one of my soap boxes

I went to the grocery store today well, to grocery shop. No big deal. It was when I got to the check out line that I heard/saw what I think is one of the stupidest things. You all know how I feel already about smoking but this one made me want to hit the lady in front of me on the forehead (kinda like the V8 commercial, gosh I love those). So, I get to the counter and I hear this "cough, cough" "cough, cough" I look up and there's a lady in front of me in a wheelchair hacking up a lung. And, my initial thought was "awe, this poor lady is sick and had to go get her own groceries" - yeah right... then I heard her talking to the cashier. HA! Sick my booty. She just got out of the hospital from lung cancer and was buying - wait for it, I'm sure you can guess - cigarettes! I mean how dumb can you get! Some people never learn! 
In the mean time, could you refrain from harming those around you lady? 
So, in the words of a comedy "the next time you see a smoker, just stab them because it's not like they haven't been warned".

1 comment:

ohhollyf said...

Oh my glad i quit some 15 yrs. ago.