I am getting a little tired of going to the grocery store and having to buy "fresh" herbs just to use a sprig of it from an entire package. Anyone else feel this frustration? My solution? growing my own herbs to pick from. LOL. I know I know, I hear the laughter from you. As many of you know I do not have a green thumb AT ALL. I usually kill most living plants that I come into contact with - unfortunately. It's not on purpose, really. I promise. =) But I thought I would try my hand at some herbs. So I ventured to the store today to buy what I thought would be my essentials and I didn't think it would be that hard. Well, ok, so I didn't know that there was that many different types of soils - geeze. And of course my luck when I went to ask the associate for help, she was sitting in the "oh so comfortable outdoors merchandise ON SALE" and wouldn't get up to help but instead only pointed - yes pointed to the area I should meander to. So, I walked to the area she "pointed" to and selected my herbs and moved on still harbouring that "how rude" feeling in my heart" but once I got home I was very excited to get started on planting. I have no idea if they will grow but I am looking forward to it if they will. So please pray that some how that this time I had a green thumb and I won't kill these plants. I mean, its not like I am trying to grow something for just beauty sake, its for a living, its for my husband so he can have yummy food without waste. Wish me luck!
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Not a green thumb but Im trying for an herb garden
I am getting a little tired of going to the grocery store and having to buy "fresh" herbs just to use a sprig of it from an entire package. Anyone else feel this frustration? My solution? growing my own herbs to pick from. LOL. I know I know, I hear the laughter from you. As many of you know I do not have a green thumb AT ALL. I usually kill most living plants that I come into contact with - unfortunately. It's not on purpose, really. I promise. =) But I thought I would try my hand at some herbs. So I ventured to the store today to buy what I thought would be my essentials and I didn't think it would be that hard. Well, ok, so I didn't know that there was that many different types of soils - geeze. And of course my luck when I went to ask the associate for help, she was sitting in the "oh so comfortable outdoors merchandise ON SALE" and wouldn't get up to help but instead only pointed - yes pointed to the area I should meander to. So, I walked to the area she "pointed" to and selected my herbs and moved on still harbouring that "how rude" feeling in my heart" but once I got home I was very excited to get started on planting. I have no idea if they will grow but I am looking forward to it if they will. So please pray that some how that this time I had a green thumb and I won't kill these plants. I mean, its not like I am trying to grow something for just beauty sake, its for a living, its for my husband so he can have yummy food without waste. Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Herbbin' Girl,
Best wishes, i'll try to remind u to water.
My only herb was already est. before i moved in. I inherited it.
Ur photography is nice.
And i still can't get my blog links work?
Good for you Jess. I LOVE to garden and have grown several varieties of herbs and vegetables, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask. On the other hand, if you just decide to give up and go back to purchasing herbs, you can always freeze what you don't use and just pull it from the freezer to use it. :) Or you have some of mine, lol.
Post a Comment