Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Spring Break: Wednesday



Today is the third day of Spring Break and it was GOOORgEoUS outside! WAHOO! I was very excited to wake up to the beautiful sunshine and lack of rain. "Pool, here I come!" So, I packed my lunch box of cold waters and snacks and headed off to the pool again to soak in the rays. It was nice to sit and not have to worry about getting something done. 
The lawn guys at my sister's apartments were there today doing, well, the lawns and at one point the guy that works in the office came out to talk with them. This was their conversation:

Office guy: "My wife tries to talk to me about her work but I never understand it. Its too much smart stuff."
Lawn guy: "Yeah, that's when its Miller time. " 
chuckles from both
Office guy: "I just don't get all that intelligent talk I'm only a laborer." 
Lawn guy: "I know I know. "

Now I am listening to this in my own chair laughing my butt off thinking to myself, they are outright admitting they are not as smart as their wives. Really? 
Anyway thought I'd share that little story. 

Douglas came out to sit with me for a little while today too!!! He went to the library and got himself a book and found himself some shade and we spent the rest of the day with each other poolside. Ahhh, what a way to spend the day! 

2 comments:

Becky said...

Doug in the shade - that's what I'm talking about. I'm a lobster in about 5 minutes too! : )

Reinhold's said...

So I see you've been hitting the yard sales. I'm having one this weekend and trying to figure out how to price the items. It's been so long since I've been to one I have no idea what to ask. After your comment about bartering I'm thinking maybe I need to raise my prices. :)