Monday, September 15, 2008

Leah's Baby Shower

Sunday I had my Best Friend's Baby Shower. I themed it like a luau. I gave everyone a lei as they entered and had luau party music playing! The original plan was to have a chocolate fountain for her but.... we kinda had technical difficulties. The fountain decided to not work anymore. UG! But now I had all this melted chocolate and food for dipping, so I just put it in a bowl and had a chocolate fondue instead. Gotta move the party on! I had fun with all the planning and hope everyone else had fun (they seemed to at least). 

Here is the menu for the luau:
1. strawberries, windmill cookies, marshmallows, pretzels, angel food cake (for the fountain)
2. ham and cream cheese pinwheels
3. coconut macaroons
4. spinach dip
5. pineapple salsa with chips
6. coconut, pineapple, mango trail mix. 

Here are the games:
1. Poopy Diaper (melted candy bars in a diaper - guess what they are)


2. Guess the Gerbers (everyone tastes the baby food and guess what the flavors are)


3. Name as many baby supplies you can
4. Guess what's in the bag (have bag labeled with the letters from Baby Shower - put in a baby item that starts with each letter)



 
5. Draw what the baby might look like on a paper plate and have the MTB pick which is better


6. Finish the nursery rhyme.
7. The "Don't say BABY" game


Then we had cake! I had my friend, Kathy (who made my wedding cake) bake this! IT looked AWESOME!!! It matched my invitations! It was a yellow cake with chocolate frosting (Leah's choice) and everyone said it tasted Amazing! THANK YOU KATHY!!! 





4 comments:

ohhollyf said...

Wow, everything looks great !
And, i luv ur new blog design, very fall :)

Reinhold's said...

The blog design is very pretty! The shower looked great and the cake is just perfect! Good Job!

Kathy C. said...

Awww, sweet for linking my page! :) I'm so glad you liked the cake. I see you have it on a pretty round cake plate. If I'd known (or thought to ask) I would have put it on a smaller round board, sorry dear! :)
Now I have been craving yellow cake with chocolate icing ever since making it, lol.

La Sapa said...

Notcied Ricardo stil managed to make it into the baby shower pics even if he was only there for liek 5 mins of the actual shower...ayayaya Ricardo...AND WITH A PINK BOA THINGY!!! Whatelse?!?!? :)