Tuesday, September 2, 2008

sickness and sandcastles - Happy Labor Day


This weekend didn't start so great for me but ended great! I started Friday very very sick. I had the worst sore throat, fever, chills, aches. I went to work* but nearly collapsed as soon as I got home. Thankfully my sister and brother in law came to my rescue and nursed me back to health while Douglas had to go to Kentucky again for work. (Ricardo, I really did like the soup, promise). I still have no idea what brought it on but am so glad its over because it was scary.
I was able to go and hang with our friends that came down from Utah on Labor Day. We all spent the entire day at the beach. The water was so rough because of the oncoming Hurricane Hanna but we did have a blast building castles in the sand.







*No, I don't have a regular teaching position I was subbing.


3 comments:

ohhollyf said...

Wow, you've been busy. Hope your week is eventful, so you blog..tee-heee!

Lil Big Sis said...

Glad you are better, and got to see them. I was on a ride for 4 days. Will post pics soon. Just trying to recover now...lol love you.

Kathy C. said...

That looks like a fun weekend. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. Next time drink Garlic tea as soon as you begin to feel sick and you will kick it out of you. :)
I love the way you are always touching Erin's belly, cute. :)