Day One (Thursday, November 20, 2008)
We arrived in Las Vegas today! It was pretty neat to see the Grand Canyon from the sky. We are staying at the Treasure Island and we are very pleased with the hotel. We had Johnny Rockets for lunch then walked around. There was SOOO much to see and so many shops. Stephanie bought me a Marc Jacobs bag for my birthday! LOVE IT – thank you Steph! We then went to dinner at PF Changs. This is one of my favorite places to eat. While in Planet Hollywood a lady came up to us and wanted to give us tickets to a comedy show later that night. We were all over a free show. There were about 8 comedians one I actually knew from Last Comic Standing – Ron G! The show ended pretty late so we went right home to sleep so we can have another fun packed day!
Tomorrow’s Itinerary: Twilight movie and Jerry Seinfeld
Day Two (Friday, November 21, 2008)
Today we got up early (if you consider 9:00 early ;)) and went to breakfast at our hotel. It was a very yummy breakfast. We went to the chocolate factory after and we saw how they made Ethel’s Chocolates. There is a lot of it done completely by hand. WOW. It was then almost time for our movie (Twilight – had to see it opening day) so we headed there to get our tickets. The boys totally loved it and said they wanted to see it again, LOL. We did some shopping while we were at the theatre area (Its kinda like the Avenues in Viera). I was really excited to be able to get some stuff from H&M. We don’t have one near us so I took advantage. After all that Douglas and I had our Jerry Seinfeld show. It was really neat to see him in person and at the end he did a lil Q&A. I think I like him more now. Margaritaville for dinner- then bed because after last night and today, I’m tired. LOL
Tomorrows Itinerary: Outlet mall, casinos, The Blue Men Group
Day Three (Saturday, November 22, 2008)
Shopping Day! . We went to the outlet mall here in Vegas. They have some really great stores here and we got some awesome deals. I was very excited. This took up pretty much most of our daytime. We all wanted to do fancy pants dinner tonight so we ate at Delmonico’s in the Venetian hotel. It was really good, great portions. Douglas and I shared the crème brule for dessert. Then we hurried off o our show – “O” at the Bellagio. Douglas and I took our time walking there because we figured we had plenty of time to get there by 10:30, which we did. We stand in line at Will Call to get our tickets only to realize that we had gotten our shoes mixed up. We were supposed to be at The Blue Men Group tonight at 10:00. Its now 9:45. We had to RUN back across the strip to the Venetian (yes, where we had dinner, ironic huh?) in 15 minutes. We were tired and hurting when we got there but with a second to spare we got there. The show was awesome! I totally loved it. They interacted with the audience a lot, which I like. After the show Daniel, Douglas and I went to a piano bar where they have dueling pianos. It was a lot of fun to sing along and see the craziness of the people there too!
Tomorrows Itinerary: Hoover Dam, “O” for sure this time
Day Four (Sunday, November 23, 2008)
We went to the Hoover Dam today. The car ride was horrible. I got carsick and we had to stop to I could, well…. Yeah. Not pleasant. But the dam was pretty interesting to see. It’s crazy to think how huge it is and how much went into building it. Oh, and we totally stood in both states (Arizona and Nevada) at the same time. We went to a local, off the strip pizza place for dinner so we could rush off to our shows. The show I was super excited about – “O” - a cirque du soleil performance was the big show of the evening. So impressive, amazing, stunning. They did the entire show over water. The way they continually changed to scenery to deep waters, shallow water or no water. WOW! Piano bar again after the show- long day. Ready for bed, ready to go home.
Tomorrows Itinerary: last exploration of the strip, flying home
Day Five (Monday, November 24, 2008)
Shorter day today. We went exploring the other end of the strip – all the hotels that really should have required us taking a car but we totally walked it. Go US! I saw lions in the MGM! They were soooooo cute! I want a lion, lol. Mandalay Bay has an aquarium – we didn’t go and see it because of time. Totally next time though. Time to go home- so we were off to the airport. Everything seemed to be going so well, check in, luggage, time. Then we got on the plane, with kids. Yeah, there was screaming kids the entire flight home; at 11:35 pm. Needless to say we were now cranky and tired. But we made it home safe and sound with a wonderful time, experience with us!
Tomorrows Itinerary: laundry, sleeping
Too many pics to be able to post right now.. look for them in a later post after I can filter. ;)
2 comments:
Sounds great, what was the weather?
Are ppl totally cracked up there ? LOL
glad you had fun! Lots of walking, huh! I was 5 months pregnant when we walked it all & did the shows.
Post a Comment