Monday, March 28, 2011

To the Baby Cave, Robin!

Sunday, March 27, 2011
 
Yesterday (Sunday) was the first day of hard core preparing for our Baby Girl. Right after our tasty breakfast of french toast made from the Friendship Bread I made the day before (DELICIOUS btw), Douglas proceeded to say "To the Baby Cave, Robin". This made me laugh and was totally on board!

I was able to organize all the clothing into different sizes while Douglas pulled all the packaging off of everything, and I mean EVERYTHING! Every blanket, sheet, bib, sock, onsie, shoes, etc... If you have little ones you know this list could go on and on. This took so long we decided that starting laundry today would be too much so it is put off til tomorrow.

Douglas proceeded to sit me down on the couch and "assist" him from there while he started building all the "big" stuff (Bouncy seat, Play yard, Gymini, swing, and high chair). I had to do a little more than assist from my seat a few times but together we totally rocked it out! The biggest challenge while assembling wasn't  which screws went where or what part goes here, it was the darn play yard! Who knew there was a trick! Ready for it? Don't push the flooring all the way down until you snap the sides up. I kow this sounds stupid and youre probably thinking why are you admitting this considering it might make us look like stupid parents but seriously, we knew what it was supposed to do and kept getting frustrated it wouldn't do it! Oh, and our box didn't come with instructions! We did finally get it though, just as I texted my sister for help, but hey, we did it! I WILL admit I figured out ALL the rest of the attachments all by myself (remember no instructions?) ~ so there! =p  

I also started packing my bag for the hospital. I got very overwhelmed with not really knowing what to pack. We looked online and asked friends to help us make our checklist so that helped. I am almost done, have a few things I need to go pick up because even though I have the bras and shirts, etc. who knew they have to be different than what I have ~~ new phase: nursing. I have to say the advice of bringing hand sanitizer, clorox wipes and shower shoes because it was gross kinda put me off. Aren't we in a hostpital? Shouldn't that be the most sanitized, clean place there is??? I'm confused and disturbed by this.

With one fulfilling day behind us, we still have a list of things to do. So here I go.


Posted via email from and then...

No comments: